Monday, November 30, 2009

Been Busy!

Well, I've finished uni now.. handed in my thesis and did my presentation.. That was taking up the majority of my time up until now.

Magic-wise, what have I been doing?
I borrowed a deck for FNM the week after the last post, because I was too late arriving to get my own deck from home. GR elves with no eldrazi monument. I went 0-3-drop, so I'm not writing about THAT.

The weekend after that, I went to Legacy for the first time in a long time, borrowed Belcher, went 3-1, losing to Countertop Natural Order.. Turns out turn 1 belcher on the play doesn't get there sometimes.

Last FNM I played Dredge, and went 3-1, losing to RUW planeswalker control. Game 1 he shut me down with walls of denial and planeswalkered me to death. Game 2 he hit a turn 2 luminarch ascension, turn 3 wall of denial, turn 4 ajani vengeant to shut off my crypt.. Pretty rude.

Last weekend I played Landstill at the Legacy league, went 1-2-1. I had never played the deck before round 1, so it was an eye-opener to find out how difficult legacy was to play when you weren't making 16 goblins on turn 1. Looks like I need to devote a fair bit of time and effort to that format if I want to excel.

That's my recap! moving on to the future!

Standard: I'm still planning to play dredge at FNM, I swapped some cards around and am searching my house for pithing needles for the board, but otherwise I'm happy with how it plays.

Extended: Season is coming up, and I am looking at Tezzeret control. Getting the deck together now so I can start practicing with it. It'll take far more dedication to play well than most decks I end up with.. but dedicated combo in extended is fail right now, and I hate zoo.

Legacy: Trying to play around different decks to get a feel for the format. This week is planned to be Faerie Stompy, if I can borrow the sea drakes. We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment